I spend too much time on social media.
And that’s it. I hate that I sometimes find out more about my closest friends from my newsfeeds than from having conversations. I hate that I reblog more pictures of nature than I take. I hate that I read tweets and statuses instead of books. And, I hate that I spend less time journaling and more time crafting perfect, socially passable blog posts that I almost always end up deleting or sending to draft purgatory. I want to live in the real world and have real discussions and look at real sceneries and figure some things out about myself.
So, I’m pulling the plug. BUT, not before I leave you all with a list of a few short and long term goals I’d like to accomplish in the interim. If I feel like it.
1. Organize all of the boxes I have in my grandma’s garage/attic and transfer their contents to plastic containers.
2. Apply for grad school.
3. Finish reading the Lord of the Rings.
4. Buy a longboard.
5. Successfully jog the entire Cooper Mountain Nature Park loop — even the uphill parts!
6. Go hiking/adventuring every Sunday.
7. Drive to the ocean once a month, if only to restore my faith in life.
8. Call my family and friends more. (Or Skype. I’m lookin’ at you, Renae!)
10. Drink more beer.
11. Drink less diet Coke.